Friday, January 11, 2013

DIY American Flag Sneakers


                 This is a DIY project I worked on during this past summer. I got the idea to create this from this YouTube channel i subscribe to called AmandaDUBEhere. She does videos on about everything ;From clothing hauls to Hair tutorials. So Check her out! 

             To make these shoes is very simple BUT time consuming. I bought all my materials from Walmart and that includes:
                         -Plain white sneakers
                         - Fabric paint
                         -paint brushes
         
        And my total was like $15 or less. That's kinda cheap right?   The only thing i would suggest is maybe paying a little more for higher quality brushes. I bought these cheap kids paint brushes and when i wasn't using them the paint hardened and i had to throw them away.    

           It was really fun and easy to make. I just took a pencil and lightly drew the design on to the sneakers and then painted away. The only part that was kind of tricky was painting the stars. 

Here's the Youtube video where i got the idea from :

                          

1 comment: